 | Well it's weird ...24 hours after you guys in Aus get to BBQ and party on down in the summer sun ...I wake and it's raining and foggy in San Fran... Only solution after a bit of writing is to go out and see some ART. Yep 2 more galleries (are you sick of this activity yet). I LOVE it.
So today it was the de Young Museum of Fine Arts first. What aan amazing building - the architecture and the actual fittings are so artfully created. The architect has used copper plating in the exterior knowing with time it will go green and thus fit into the park environment..
Spent a few hours enjoying the Ruth Asawa Exhibition. Sculptures in the Air- just brilliant, and then wandered around to check out a few other things the new Joan Miro sculpture - so whimsical- and I loved the Mesoamerica, Central and South America stuff and that from the West Coast of North America, The Teotihuacan murals from Mexico were amazing. Loved the American Modernism photo/art juxtaposition .
Then I found my new favourite place in SF... Louis' Cafe in Sutro - by the beach. Run by one family for over 70 years, they must be doing something right. Overlooking the remains of the old "Sutro Baths" and on the cliff above the Pacific it's a classic 70's decor - brown and orange with booths right at the cliff edge. Sweet staff too. Classic diner food is done to perfection - best orange cheese toatsed sandwich I ever had and a lovely hot chocolate. If I lived here- that would be my hang...no doubt.
Afterwards I traisped up to the Legion of Honour and got the biggest surprise - a host of Rodin sculptures - wonderful stuff and more of the fine arts collection -extending from the deYoung...home now and time for a red wine to celebrate my homeland's day..even if it is a bit late and I got the flu... and I spent the day at the American Legion of Honor -whatthe hell's happening to me!!! Star spangled banner is in my head... Plus I've been watching season one of Entourage - New buddy Nick has got me hooked - it's hilarious fun. |
No comments:
Post a Comment