Thursday, February 08, 2007
 | Had am amazing last few days in Bay Marina... let's see - finally finished the revisions on my script - so pleased that's finally done! It has been incredibly difficult trying to write while being a vagabond.
Borrowed Lorenzo's (my wonderful host) bicycle and cycled from Bar Marina down to Santa Monica Pier, saw all the crazies (and their poor dogs with wings tied on their backs, or pulling their owners on skateboards) come out to play.
On my way back I cycled in the chilly wind with my mitts freezing off and my nose cold, cold, cold.. and watched the sun set over the Pacific.
Drove to Malibu, and I'm sure that was Brad Pitt in the black Hummer with tinted windows cruising in the lane next to me. Wandered the halls and gardens of the JP Getty Villa (follow up to the Museum) and felt in awe amongst the art and sculptures from his huge antiquity displays - purely sublime...
Ate at a wonderful restaurant Monsoon on the 3rd Promenade with lovely composer Leah, watched a few movies and took in the fact that I was in LA during the Golden Globes!, although the jaded locals seem fairly dismissive of it all), went to the local 'farmers' market in Santa Monica and tried to eat a pancake the size of a frisbee (gave up half way and gave the rest to Sebastian who I'm staying with also).
Today I tried to contact the correct Government Department regarding my social security card - it's like Brasil (the movie) so may departments in the behemoth that is the State Department/ the Homeland Security Office etc, etc...
Had a wonderful productive meeting about getting work with good pal Maury at Animal Logic - lovely to have a friendly face to talk to about the practical things in life. Have a solid plan now - and a hit list of the best LA Prod Co's. Off up the coast tomorrow on my road trip to Big Sur and beyond. Have been so looking forward to this part of the trip.
Missing my loved ones (you know who you are) back home - and wish they were here with me to enjoy this amazing time I'm having. AND wish I'd packed a warmer coat or two. Lucky Charley girl has a great heater. It's freezing and I'm heading north!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment