Tuesday, June 26, 2007
|
This year is getting to be a doozie.... Baba, black furball love on my life, has died at the age of 16 years and 6 months. He passed away after a brief illness basically due to his old age. This puss has been with me since he hurled himself through the door of my flat in Surry Hills during a thunderstorm as a drenched, starving and dumped little black kitten. He traveled with me through a marriage up to Whale Beach and over the Balmain, Rozelle, Leichhardt. Then we went coastal to Tamarama, Bellevue Hill, onto North Bondi, and out to Watson's Bay before hot-footing it down the coast to Melbourne, then back to North Bondi before finally coming to rest at the Borger Hacienda on the Northshore of Port Macquarie where he spent the last three years of his life in relative confort and coastal country splendour. Sister Kate was with him in the end and Tony buried him out by the Blackboy plants at the Borger Hacienda. I so regret that I wasn't there - but that is my cross to bear...I left him and he died.... Baba was a wonderful companion, fiesty to the end and I adored the cantankerous beasty so much. He sauntered into my life and made sure everyone knew who was boss - the one and only black furball at their feet, or more likely on their lap or chewing on their ankle! He even traveled in the car well (all the way to Melbourne and back in the Monaro, then up the coast), plus I remember him walking on the beach - tail held high, strolling with Heidi the German Shepard through Annandale, hanging with the ducks and lounging with the Kangaroos at the Hacienda as no cat should...he was truly one of a kind. But now he's gone to push-cat heaven where the pats never end, the laps are always free, the dogs are chained far away and the kangaroo meat and fish diet always perfectly interspersed with lamb kidneys (that he so loved). I have lost my boy and one of the main reasons I had to bring me home to Australia...so for now I stay here in LA and remember my Tonto, my sidekick, my sometimes sweet, sometimes sour, but always wonderful Baba. To me he was purrrrfect............................
|
No comments:
Post a Comment