Wednesday, January 21, 2009

MADE IT

Thursday, January 11, 2007


Well I woke this morning in Hollywood... and went off to the Ausfilm Breakfast at the plush Park Hyatt in the Grand Salon- Very nice way to start my adventure, and chatted with some interesting people. Off to Paramount Studios tonight for a movie, chat and champagne.

Customs were absolutely lovely to me when i came through and I had no problems at all... but the wait on the actual visa being vaildated is a lot longer than I thought - need to chat to the home office about that. Got my cell phone sorted today and business cards tomorrow - getting cracking on this new life.

Driving what can only be described as the classic American retro dream car - a chevrolter HHR (like a PT Cruiser), Mine is GOLD and has TINTED windows - talk about ''pimping'' the car - the dude at the car hire thought I deserved it when he discovered that I won the green card lottery. Driving down Sunset Boulevarde on the wrong (Right is Right Miss) side of the road is a blast in that AUtoMObile!!! Going to explore the coastal area tomorrow - Santa Monica here I come. This city is easy to navigate I gotta say... no problem...

Just loving the pure AmericanA of it all.. and the people have been really nice to me thus far.

Then it's off to San Fransciso on a road trip next week...The Big Sur is awaiting. Check ya...

Currently listening:
Somewhere over the Rainbow: The Golden Age of Hollywood Musicals
By Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Release date: 04 June, 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment