Wednesday, January 21, 2009

If You Can't Beat 'em!

Thursday, February 08, 2007


Halleluhah - I've found my new home! - in the valley.

Moving in on March 1 with three great gals (see Ms Moon - MySpace friend) A very creative household to reside in and the vibe is just my speed... oh yes and there's a pool and jacuzzi out back. Need to find some Cabana boys to serve the drinks in summer. Living on the edge of the unknown as a vagabond for the past 4 weeks has been fun sometimes and interesting, but to have my own room in a lovely home with good people will be just heaven.

Hanging with Oz gal pal Jac. It's great to have someone else 'fresh off the boat' who is as enthusiastic as me about the possibilities in CA. Even opening a bank account is an exciting even for us little Oz chicks. Having the right to do so in the USA is amazing. I love my SSC & GC. Been getting the good advise from new pal Neil too. He's a true diamond.

So Jac and I changed hire cars - goodbye to Champagne Charley and hello to my 'supercheap auto' Nissan (pronounced Knee- Suun). Irridescent blue so trucks on the freeways spanning the city always see me coming... We visitied Los Feliz, what a cool little village that is...great vibe, excellent cafes on Vermont and found a brilliant bookshop. The prevailing feature of life in America is CHOICE. If you want or need something then be prepared to be offered at least 20 variations on the theme (be it food/books/clothes/lifestyle/events/etc). It's thrilling and mind boggling at the same time...

Jac and I have decided to do the Annette Benning 'thing' and go shootin'! Off to the indoor range next week...yes I know it's out there... but after my experience up in the Nat' Park (see last blog) I think I'd rather know how to handle a gun (than not) in this country. We also plan to go on up to Chateau Marmont to celebrate our arrival as well. It's all there for the taking...

Have been very lucky staying with Cooper and his family. Was invited to the 'screening room' to watch a few movies and discovered one of the most amazing and wonderful home film libraries I've EVER seen in my life.Really excellent taste in world cinema. I could lock myself in there forever - and throw away the key! But of course, instead, I've been diligently doing the meetings/job search... so much on offer... just waiting for the cherry to fall, and I'm shakin the tree as hard as I can...


Fav' sighting of the week - Foo-fighter in Santa Monica Apple store while checking out the soon to be released iPhone - so very cool...both him and it!

Currently listening:
Skin and Bones
By Foo Fighters
Release date: 07 November, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment